You want to know what I think? Anything that is on my mind is coming out here. Sports, TV, Music, Politics, News, Current Events. Anything and Everything..... and my opinion on it.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Couple Music Related Notes

Some music news and other related music stuff that probably only interests me:

I went to Best Buy yesterday and picked up 2 CDs. Strangely enough, both were re-issues. I picked up the re-issue of Say Anything's "... is a Real Boy." It is the original release with a bonus disc "...was a Real Boy." The bonus disc has seven fairly solid songs. I haven't given all of them a full listen yet, but it starts off with an amazing song "Wow, I Can Be Sexual Too." It is a song about phone sex, and it is damn catchy. And on top of all that goodness it was produced by Ariel Rechtshaid of the now defunct band "The Hippos". It was only 12 bucks for 20 songs, great deal, I strongly suggest it.
The second CD I picked up was Streetlight Manifesto's interpretation of "Keasbey Nights". Some of you may know that the band Catch-22 released "Keasbey Nights" in 1998. Well after the release of that classic album the band mostly disintegrated. I am not sure of the whole story, but the members that left Catch-22 formed a new super-ska band Streetlight Manifesto. And apparently SM had often been asked to play songs from "Keasbey Nights" and they would always decline however they finally put out the album. It sounds very similar to Catch-22's original release, especially because it is the same singer. Some of the verses changed slightly as well as the guitar work. The drums are amazingly stellar. However, it is extremely similar to the original release. If you are a big fan of Catch-22 or Streetlight Manifesto I would suggest picking it up otherwise just listen to the original.

In other news, I just found out that The Early November's upcoming triple disc "The Mother, the Mark, the Path" is going to be delayed... and perhaps delayed a long time. TEN did suggest it is possible an "accidental leak" could happen soon.
Also, I got my hands on the new Taking Back Sunday 4-song sampler and I am very excited for the new album. April 25th can't come soon enough.

That is it for now I think. I got a couple more updates coming so keep checking back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home