You want to know what I think? Anything that is on my mind is coming out here. Sports, TV, Music, Politics, News, Current Events. Anything and Everything..... and my opinion on it.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Moving Along

So I am back again. A couple quick things.
First, Arrested Development is returning to TV this Friday night from 8PM to 10PM. It is a four episode mini-marathon. This would normally call for celebration however, these four episodes might be the last Arrested Development episodes to hit the small screen ever. Fox President Peter Liguori has been non-committal in his support for the show never explicitly stating it has been cancelled. However, this last ditch effort will not be enough to save the show as 8PM to 10PM on this Friday night is also the time slot of the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics. After these four episodes air and Mr. Liguori finally cancels the show the fate of the show will essentially be up to Showtime. ABC has shown interest but doesn't believe it is feasible to pick up the show. Showtime has made an offer to 20 Century Fox (AD's production company) that would include 2 full 13 episode seasons, however that offer hinges on Creator Mitch Hurwitz's involvement in the show. Hurwitz is currently debating whether or not he wants to continue the show. So all you loyal Arrested Development fans out there, after this Friday it is unfortunetly a waiting game. I will keep you updated as I find out anything else.

The second thing I wanted to talk about is the Memory Olympics. Now I don't know how many of you know this but I compete in a little event called the Memory Olympics, or I believe the proper title now is the US Memory Championships. You can check out the event's website here. The USMC have had trouble picking up interest but in the past three to four years media interest has picked up as has the number of competitors. This year marks another step forward for this event. Mark Cuban has decided to provide some press for the event. The second half of the USMC will be televised LIVE on Mark Cuban's own HDnet TV channel. I don't have it on my cable stations so I can only guess what it is like but I would have to imagine some of you with digital cable out there have it. I am very excited to compete and also very nervous. Live TV sounds very nerve-wracking.
This year's event is going to take place in New York City on Saturday March 11th. I believe the live telecast is supposed to take place from 3:30-5:30 PM however if the event goes long HDnet will be staying with the USMC till its conclusion. I will provide more details as I come across them and will give a more detailed rundown of the event as March 11th gets closer. I am also thinking about doing a little diary for the event and posting it up here. Might be fun. We will see.
I guess that's it for now. Until tomorrow, where I hope to bring back Top Ten Thursdays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home