You want to know what I think? Anything that is on my mind is coming out here. Sports, TV, Music, Politics, News, Current Events. Anything and Everything..... and my opinion on it.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Things On My Mind

I have some stuff on my mind, and felt like posting, so here I am.

"Crash" won best picture last night. I have been saying all along that Crash is not as good as the hype and I still feel this way. I felt the racism issue was definitely too forced. There was some excellent scenes, and amazing acting but the movie as a whole left me, well, feeling like it wasn't that good of a movie. I feel that people have become fascinated with the movies utilizing non-linear storylines and the intermingling of a multitude of them. Then at the end it all ties together and the audience feels like they just watched a very deep and thoughtful movie and they understood everything. In reality, the way it is done in Crash is shoddy with an over the top message being beaten into our skulls. All in all, I thought Crash was okay, but definitely not Oscar-worthy.

In other news, Pat Tillman's death is being re-investigated. Some higher level officials feel that Tillman's death was a result of negligent homicide. Now, I have two feelings about this, first off, when I heard that it was friendly fire that killed Pat Tillman the first thing I thought was "Isn't that negligent homicide?". And secondly, and by no means to I mean to demean the death of a brave American hero, who sacrificed a lifestyle that many dream of to defend this nation, but if this was any other soldier, would the American public be making such a big deal? In my opinion to keep the investigation going is a waste of resources.

Some other things that might only interest me:
1) I managed to spill my drink before, but somehow the only place that got wet, was a small spot on my forehead. I am not sure how this is even physically possible.

2) I was processing an application for a person who's name was Andrew Jackson. I was than saddened to see a personal check attached instead of a wad of twenty dollar bills.

3) I picked up Coke's new soda "Vault". I was curious and I am still drinking it. It tastes very similar to "Surge" which was released several years ago and tastes very similar to Mountain Dew. It is supposed to kick like an energy drink, but I don't feel energized at all. And there are no ingredients from energy drinks in here, I think they just kicked up the caffeine levels.

4) And lastly, at least for now: Arrested Development is getting closer to getting picked up by Showtime. It was reported by several media outlets that the show was in fact picked up, but it is just rumors at this point, I will report any updates as I come across them.

Bonus: 5) Two hours of 24 tonight. I am excited. Last week's episode was very intense.


And if there is anybody out there reading and wants me to write about anything just leave me a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home