You want to know what I think? Anything that is on my mind is coming out here. Sports, TV, Music, Politics, News, Current Events. Anything and Everything..... and my opinion on it.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Terror Thwarted?

If you are watching the news tonight you know that President Bush proceeded to inform the nation that a terrorist attack that was scheduled to take place in Los Angeles was thwarted. Of course, the interesting thing is that, the plan was scheduled for 2002. Also, the Los Angeles mayor has said that he has known about this plan as long as the US government has and he was also very surprised to find out that President Bush was revealing the information that he did, today during a press conference.

It is very obvious what this is all about. This is a blatant attempt to swing public opinion. Now, I am not naive enough to think that this doesn't happen all the time. I know that many political person release certain information at crucial times whether to influence voters, public opinion or to damage opponents in election times. However, for some reason this particular incident really hit me. It really struck a nerve. I think that this is more of a dissappointment. I have always been a strong Bush supporter. I have never felt like he was an ideal president but I always felt that he was a capable one. I think he has handled many situations in a rational matter however I am starting to doubt him.

I am really starting to worry about our nation as a whole. We are spending wildly on a war that does not have a clear end. We are viewed as villians by the rest of the world. The budget deficit and national debt are spiraling out of control. Now, I know that the deficit and national debt are not major problems, but at some point if the current trend continues, they are going to be. Social Security is still an issue, as is education and Medicare. I know that most people my age despise our government and its actions. I know that most people my age consider the term "Republican" an insult. I have never been one of those people, despite my feelings that most politicians were corrupt, I always had confidence in the system of checks and balances.
However, I feel that now more than ever we are really reaching a crossroads as a nation. There is no plan for the future and our attention is being tied up overseas. We need to focus on the US and figure out what is going on over here, or there could end up being some real problems in the future. Hopefully, something will change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home